Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 2

Week 2:
Monday: REST. I had been fighting the flu for days and decided that I needed a break.  This was my first day off in 13 days.  It was certainly much needed.
Tuesday: Run on Treadmill. .5 mile warm up; 1 mile repeats x 4; .5 mile cool down. 575 calories in 60 min. Love this workout!
Wednesday: Great workout at "The Class". Different instructor, plus I got there early and ran a mile before class. Total burn: 728. That's more like it!
Thursday: Personal Trainer Boot Camp: Awesome.  We met outside and it was a perfect workout.  Sprinted for the first time in about 15 years! I was pretty beat after Wednesday's class, but still managed 500 calories in an hour.
It really is a lot of fun to work out with friends! There are 4 of us doing this together, Jenny, Krista, Liz and me. Ok, that is so cool, right- "H,J,K,L"?...If only we had a friend named Igor...I digress...
These workout pals are great, but it is humbling.  They completely kick my ass when it comes to running. At least I can lift more than J&K...though not by much.
Friday: It's still amazing outside, so I skipped the gym and ran outside.  Besides the sprints we did with the trainer Thursday, this was my first time running outside since October. Wow was it hard!  I was sore from Wednesday and Thursday AND running outside is so much harder than on a treadmill! It took me 55 minutes to run 5 miles!  I did a .5 mile warm up and .5 mile cool down. In between I did one of my favorite types of runs, the Fartlek. Funny word for a great run. Highlight of the run, I ran past my training pal, Jenny (of "J,K&L) and we exchanged high fives. Dorky, but fun.
Saturday: St Patrick's Day! "The Class".  One of my favorite trainers led the class and I did the "sprinter" workout.  It was great.  Burned 571 calories in 60 min (ran 5 min b/f the 55 min class started).

This post needed a picture, so here's TJ with his St. Patrick's Day hat on.

 Sunday: GoBarbell and Run.Another great class. It was fantastic outside.  We did tons of walking lunges- ouch!  45 min=350 calories. Nice.  I wanted to do the stairs again, but two things were against me.  March Madness and unbelievably awesome weather.  My husband is a Michigan State University grad and a crazy huge fan.  He is one of those steady, reliable completely even keel type of guys.  Few things upset him and he asks very little of the world- with one exception- Spartan Basketball and Football.  Of course, State was playing when I got out of work and of course the kids were out of control, so I rushed home to get them out of the house and allow him to shout at the tv in peace.
I put the kids in the stroller and headed out for a run.  I went just short of 3 miles pushing 60 lbs of fighting brothers. Once we hit the absolute furthest point from my house, the youngest began to cry. Awesome. Nothing I could do would get him to stop, so I just kept on going.  About 3 blocks from home he stops.  We get home and he says he wants to go out in the stroller again. Are you kidding me? Kids....
We got home and the game was over.  It was a good thing I took the kids.  My husband was able to properly focus on his couch coaching and surely thanks to his efforts, State made it to the Sweet Sixteen.

Here's Tuesday's Treadmill Work Out. Let me know if you try it.


Mile Repeats
 with Speed Increase
Distance
Incline
Speed
Example
Warm Up
800
0.5
base -3
6.7
START
400
0.5
base
7
400
0.5
+3
7.3
400
0.5
+5
7.8
200
0.5
+2
8
200
0.5
+2
8.2
STOP
Walk
0
3.8-4.5
4
Allow HR to get to apx 115
Repeat x4 or x 5
Cool Down
800
0.5
base-5
6.5
Done


This Weeks Summary: 
Minutes of exercise: 415
Calories Burned:3556
Weight: -2 lbs



No comments:

Post a Comment