Friday, March 23, 2012

A Morning at the Mall

Krista wasn't able to join me Tuesday, so I did the workout on my own and it went really well.  I'm sure completely broke gym rules by taking over a treadmill and a mat on the floor simultaneously, but since it was a ghost town, I don't think anyone cared.

I set up the mat and some 15 lb dumbbells on the floor and hung a towel on a treadmill- and went to it.  Some rotations on the floor were a little over 5 minutes because I wanted to finish out a set.  I also had to quit a little early because I started late (was visiting K at her house). I stuck to the slower speeds since I had done the Barbell class that morning, still, after about 55 minutes I had burned 475 calories.  I'm pretty please with that.  Next time I will give myself 90 minutes to complete the entire workout.

I did edit the incline portion.  What I initially has was close to impossible, now it should be doable.

I also did a lot of shopping on Tuesday.  I had to work on a project at Tommy's preschool, so I sent Mack to daycare for the day.  This left TJ and I free to do something we had not done in awhile-go to the mall. I wanted to go to Lululemon to try on sports bras.  This was a pretty big deal and I think I might address the sports bra issue in more detail- so I will save that for another day.

I will say I bought two sports bras and two headbands.  I will also say that the total bill was outrageous.  The sales woman did take some of the sting out of the $150.00 by telling me how cute Tommy is and giving me a extra free Lululemon shopping bag.

We bought a variety of small items at Crate and Barrel, like this cute measuring thing:

 OXO Good Grips 1/4 Cup Mini Angled Measuring Cup

And these spatulas

Here's one in action:
Note to self- need much better picture of that!

I was hoping to find a purse and was looking at Anthropology.  I found this one that I liked, but didn't love
You can't tell from this picture, but it's all beaded.  It was pretty heavy and to be honest, I was worried that it would not hold up well.  The last few things I bought from Anthro fell apart pretty quickly.  I want something that I can carry every.single.day. 

I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I was able to go to one of my all time favorites stores later that day, Leon and Lulu, in nearby Clawson.  I found my new purse there and I love it. 
 
 It's by Skunkfunk.  It's a part of their Spring/Summer 12 line, but it does not appear to be available from their online store yet.  The staff at Leon and Lulu said they just got it in a day or two ago.  They had some other color, but I was drawn to this one.  I love how it will go with blacks or browns, and it's made of renewable and sustainable resources and all that stuff.  

In the first 24 hours of owning this bag, I revived no fewer than nine complements!  I am so glad I bought it.  It was also decently reasonable.  I think I paid about $80.00 for it.  As long as it lasts me through to fall, I'll be very happy with that price. 

Leon and Lulu has so many chotchkies, I could stay there all day and I could spend $100 and not actually have purchased anything of actual value! By the way, I didn't know how to spell chotchkies, so I looked it up.  I enjoyed Urban Dictionary's definition:

Chotchkie
143 up, 17 down
A small piece of worthless crap, a decorative knick knack with little or no purpose.
Side note: Chotchkie can be pretty, sentimental, or even occasionally useful though it usually breaks easily if useful. If you are having trouble identifying Chotchkie just look around your house or someone else's and whatever you see that a burgler wouldn't steal is probably Chotchkie.
Fake fruit, a ceramic frog containing candy, pretty much anything purchased at a dollar store, costume jewelry, etc. Referenced by Phoebie on the TV show friends.
Meg loved her cow figurine collection, but Dave thought it was useless Chotchkie.

I especially like the part about what a burglar would not take.  Unless that burglar was me, and I'd have a big ol pillowcase full of Chotchkie!







No comments:

Post a Comment