Monday, March 5, 2012

The Beginning

And here we go!


After being inspired by some fantastic blogs and being asked by some friends about health and fitness, I decided to do a blog.  That and my friend Krista has one (but her's is about sewing) and I want to be JUST like her when I grow up! 


Anyway, I'm blogging away about me. Mostly about me and my fitness/weight loss journey, but I'll talk about other things- like crafting, cooking and my kids.  Because, it's my blog, I'll do what I want to.


Regarding the weight loss. I was a "just squeezing into these 12's"  last Thanksgiving (2011) and I am now "wearin' a belt with these 6's".  What's crazy is although I have gone down all of those sizes, I've lost less than 20 lbs.  For me, it's not about the scale- but about inches, muscle, definition, resting heart rate, my 5k time- my overall health and well being. 


This all started with me taking a couple of fitness classes.  I started with two a week, then three, and after a while I was taking a class 5 days a week.  At least 4 times a week was the same class.  We will refer to this as "The Class"- at least for awhile.


I became a bit dependent on that class.  When the studio increased rates significantly, I panicked.  I was certain that I could NOT do this on my own. I was sure I would gain all of the weight back.  I was a mess.


Then I came to my senses and started to think- "no- I can do this".  A few hours on the internet and I found some fantastic blogs full of fantastic women who manage to stay fit and challenge themselves- on their own.  Inspired, I decided that I would not only be ok without going to "The Class" 5 times a week, but I would do BETTER.


To motivate myself and contribute to the world of "self trainers", I created this blog.


Now, don't get me wrong- I still take classes.  In fact, I still go to "The Class" twice a week.  But I am taking responsibility for my training.  I am setting new goals.  I am creating workouts- and I am having a blast.


Want to join me? Introduce yourself here!


-posted March 19, 2012








No comments:

Post a Comment