Saturday, March 17, 2012

Luck of the Irish Eggs

Luck of the Irish Eggs
Ok, I just made that up! In honor of St. Patrick's Day, this was breakfast all week long:
 No step by step photos this week folks.  Here's what we have in each:

  • 2 oz Uncured Corned Beef Brisket (Trader Joe)
  • 8 Tbs Egg Whites
  • 1 Laughing Cow-Swiss Wedge
  • Couple of pinches of celery seed
  • Pepper


I should have added more egg, but that was all I had.
Cooking: I have been tweaking the cooking of these and, as I suspected, I needed to leave them alone.  Just microwave for 2 minutes.  If it's not done, add 30-60 seconds. Also- keep the lid off and cover losly with paper towel.

I loved this breakfast.  Had it with a slice of Trader Joe Sprouted 7 Grain Bread and spiced it up with this stuff: 
Enjoy! 

Stats (without toast or garlic sauce): 
278 Calories
7 g fat
897 Sodium
13 carbs
0 fiber; 1 sugar
34 g protein


No comments:

Post a Comment