Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mother's Day (better late than never)

(Yet another post that I meant to publish and didn't-it's only a month late!)

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  Mine was pretty good. I mean, I had to work, but sometimes that is better than staying home and wrangling the little monsters all day.

I did get some early morning Happy Mother's Day cuddles from Tommy.  That boy is all sweetness! Except when he's rotten. I was hoping for coffee in bed, but that didn't happen.  In fact, I had to tell Tom to make the coffee.  He got up at least 40 minutes before I did.  I was sure there would be coffee, but no.  The first thing I do every single morning is make the coffee!  (actually, it's the second thing I do. First I pee.  I can't handle filling the coffee maker with water while my bladder is full).

I also didn't have to run.  I usually run Sunday mornings, but this Sunday it was raining. Awesome! No guilt sleeping in.( I can run in the rain, but not on Mother's Day. That's just asking too much).

Which reminds me of a little story.  Come along with me as I digress...

Last year, about this time of year, Tommy was learning the "Rain, Rain Go Away" song.  But- he thought it went "Rain Rain Go Away. Come Again on Mother's Day".  He refused to believe me that it should be "come again some other day". That made no sense to him.  Mother's Day- that made sense.  To a 3 year old.  Anyway, wouldn't you know it, it rained on Mother's Day.  Thanks Tommy.

Back to Mother's Day.  I worked. Blah. blah.  I went to GoBarbell during my lunch break.  I had to leave early due to work coverage issues. But I still got in a good workout.  I then headed to my in-laws for dinner.  We celebrated Mother's Day and birthday's for my SIL Laurie and her daughter Rachel.

Laurie is a runner and has been eyeing a Garmin for awhile, so I got her a gift card for Amazon.  I hope she gets it soon and I can hear what she thinks.  I expect her training will seriously benefit from knowing her pace.

Dinner was awesome.  Twice baked potatoes and tenderloin.  Right up my ally.  Since I didn't get lunch Sunday (it was lunch or workout), I was starving!  I splurged with the potato and two slices of tenderloin.  I did however forgo the cheese bread, biscuits, Asian coleslaw, cookies and ice cream cake.  I did not forgo the wine- which I started on an empty stomach.   I was pretty sloshy for a bit. But heck, it was Mother's Day.  It really was a nice night.  I love spending time with my sisters-in-law, or is it sister in laws? Whatever it is, I like it.

We talked about the key incident and we examined the key.  We all decided I am far too intelligent to have NOT tied the key to my shoe and the key was at fault.  Here is the key:

You see the metal ring? That's what I threaded my shoe lace through.  It's the cheap, flimsy ring that came with the key.  The overlap is very small and the metal very pliable.  We all decided, in our collective expertise, that the shoe lace must have worked it's way out and the key broke free. (Otherwise, wouldn't it have fallen off before the mile mark?)

My husband, the engineer, clearly disagreed. He was wise enough to simply walk away when asked his opinion, but it was clear. He votes user error (aka: I'm an idiot). Thanks honey.

It doesn't matter. Diane and Laurie are much, much smarter than my doubting husband, so what they say goes.  The verdict: Bad design (see, my engineer husband was biased!) and an escapist key.

Love my SILs! I think it could have been a Master padlock, they still would have taken my side.

As far as presents went, I got some great gifts.  I told my husband not to get me anything, just like Laurie, I'm eyeing a Garmin, so I just want to credit Mother's Day towards it.  The boys however, spoiled me.

Last weekend Tommy had stayed the night with my mom and he picked out this ginormous bag from the Brighton Farmer's Market.  My mom says he thought it was a good bag because I could carry all of his and Mackie's stuff in it (heck, I could carry HIM and Mackie IN it), plus, according to Tommy, my purse is "used". I'm not sure what to think of this, but it can't be good.

Anyway, I love the bag and will be sure to post a pic of it soon.

How was your Mother's Day?









No comments:

Post a Comment