Saturday, June 23, 2012

30-Day Challenges

I love 30-day challenges.  One of my favorites is Crunchy Chicken's "Buy Nothing Challenge"- where, big surprise, you buy nothing for a month.  Sure, you get gas, food and absolute necessities, but nothing more.  I do this 2-3 times a year and it really helps the annual budget.

Anyway, while getting the house ready to sell, I got lax on a few things.  In order to get back on track, I'm going to do a few 30 day challenges.  Join me if you want, or not.  Whatever. It starts TODAY!

1) Drink water.  I've been AWFUL about this.  For months I've been under-hydrated.  It's time to do something about it.  I will now pledge to drink 5 of these a day.  It's super cute cup from Caribou Coffee.  It holds 24 oz.

Not only will I drink 5 of these, I will drink half of one immediately upon waking up every.single.day.  I know I always feel better when I start off the day with a cold glass of water!

To help me drink all this water, I'm going to do a few things.  First, utilize this cute cup.  It's more fun to drink out of something cute, don't you think? And I will use "add ins".  I will keep fresh lemon and mint on hand at all times.  I will try cucumber in my water and once a day, I'll add Emergen-C ElectroMix.

2) Blog Daily! Yes, I will post every day.  With Pictures.

3) Journal Food and Exercise Daily. Self explanatory

4) Connect with my kids daily.  The last 6 weeks have been tough on the kids.  They have heard a lot of "not now, I'm busy" and "No! I just cleaned that up!".  I now need to focus on them.

That's a lot to take on, especially since I'll be out of town so much.  Still, I think I can pull it off.  Even if it's not perfect, it will be better than before, and isn't that the point?

Ever done a 30 day challenge? Tell me about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment