Because of this, you will see more running and less cross training workouts. I'm still doing GoBarbell twice a week and Nth Degree twice a week and my boot camp on Thursdays, but all of my "personal" workouts are going to be runs. Not so fun for you, BUT- I have a surprise for you. Julie, over at of my favorite blogs, Peanutbutterfingers has a ton of fun workouts to hold you over! Here's the direct link to her workouts, but she is absolutely worth subscribing to- if only for her dog!
April 2-8Monday: 4 mile run and extensive stretching afterwards.
Tuesday: Go Barbell and "Tempo Tuesday"- 800 m warm up, 4 x1600 repeats "Tempo style", 800 cool down
Wednesday: Nth Degree plus (plus means try to get early and do a mile warm up)
Thursday: "Three on Thursday"- easy 3 mile run and Bootcamp
Friday: "Friday Fartlek 5" - (5 miles of Fartleks)
Saturday: Nth Degree plus
Sunday: "Easy like Sunday Morning" 50 minute run & GoBarbell
Prior week Stats:As far as last week went, here are the stats:
Weight change:+.5 lb
Minutes of working out: 375
Calories burned (while working out):2550
New Stat: Miles run: 13.5
New Stat: Calories +/- goal:1313 under
Review of Stats:Want to up my mileage, minutes and calories burned. I missed a 5 miler on Friday, so that has a big effect.
My calories were too low- but I'm afraid that may not be accurate. I was really sloppy with journaling last week. That's really the only way I can explain a .5 lb gain.
No, that's not true. There are a few ways it could have happened.
1) Weigh in a week ago was a dehydrated weigh in, as I had been drinking the night before (Saturday). It was a good .5 to full lb lower than any of the days around it. I know this because, I *gasp* step on the scale every morning. I only count it once a week, but I find that the daily weigh in helps me get a feel for what does what to my body. For example, I was 2 lbs heavier today than I was yesterday. That let me know that either my scale was crazy or I needed more water. When I work out hard, I see a bump in my weight. I know this is because my muscles are retaining water in an effort to repair themselves and I don't over react. But, if I see several days at an increased weight, I know that I better look at how honest I am being about my calorie input/output.
2) It is possible, though doubtful, that I am not eating enough. Again, proper journaling should resolve this issue.
3) Increased Muscle. I know I am stronger lately and my close are not tighter.
4) Jacked up HRM readings. This is very possible. I am having a lot of trouble with my HRM. I will post more on that later.
5) Sodium? I did go over a bit yesterday, but I don't find that I'm very affected by this.
6) Another likely contributor: It's just part of the weight loss journey. There are ups and downs and you don't lose every week.
Plan: As I mentioned, I slacked with journaling. I also slacked with meal planning. I have been so busy and excited with my projects around the house that I have let things slip, so I just have to recommit!
Tell me, how do you handle little gains?
What do you think causes them?
Do you have a "Game Plan" for this week? What is it?
What are you going to work on this week?